Click below for job descriptions
Commercial Framers/Rough Carpentry
We are currently accepting applications to fill immediate positions for Commercial Framers/Rough Carpentry. Candidates must have own transportation and hand tools, be highly motivated.
• Safety practices, including selection and application of personal protective equipment, fall prevention devices, barricades, warning and signaling devices, etc.
• Communication skills, including use of written, verbal, and graphic materials to convey information (i.e. written specs, blueprints, pictures, drawings, etc.)
• Proper selection and use of hand tools, small and large power tools, lifting and hoisting equipment, measuring tools, etc Measurement Skills:
• Proper selection and use of measuring tools and instruments, including tape rules, scales, rules, levels, etc. Layout and Alignment Skills:
• Correct application of optical and laser instruments and measuring tools for establishing center lines and elevation, as applied to installation and alignment of machinery and equipment. Performs any combination of the following duties on construction projects: Activities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare the layout of the project
• Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions
• Select materials.
• Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
• Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
• Check work along the way to ensure it’s up to code and specifications.
• Install partitions, doors, and windows. Requirements:
• Possess own hand tools to perform required tasks
• Ability to wear a full body harness and work at heights while tied off
• Willing to Work and have reliable Transportation
• Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (sometimes long hours)
• Must have experience in construction
• Must have valid Driver’s license and pass Driver’s background check
• Must Pass Drug Test
• Must have a smart phone and access to the Internet
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions • Ability to work in safety sensitive construction zone, around large machinery and heavy equipment
• Ability to work cooperatively with a team in a fast-paced and complex environment
Job Type: Full-time Full benefits packages are available
Experienced Commercial Construction Project Manager
Responsible for various company projects.
• Work with Superintendent on developing and implementing project procedures, schedules, and standards for building.
• Review the work for conformance with the specifications, acceptable levels of quality, safety, and schedule.
• Determine method of construction, material requirements and equipment.
• Determine the staff needed to maintain the schedule and properly supervise the work. Mentor and develop field members.
• Coordinate, plan, and supervise work force and subcontractors.
• Supervise all phases of the work performed by the Company and its subcontractors.
• Manage administrative support functions and more complex tasks including establishing relative priorities of current and anticipated workload and organizing and conducting assignments according to deadlines.
• Set up office systems including file maintenance, correspondence deadlines, and project management for own work.
• Prepare and compose letters, reports, and correspondence and perform other clerical administrative support duties as directed from time to time. Maintain confidentiality.
• Prepare, receive and distribute postal deliveries, UPS deliveries, FedEx deliveries, Plan Room deliveries.
• Skilled in AIA Documents.
• Receive paper invoices, scan, code, and route paperless invoices in accounting system.
• Run/provide monthly financial reports.
• Lead or make travel arrangements. • Assist with RFQ/RFP production.
• Assist with distributing marketing materials.
• Coordinate marketing events.
• Participate in special activities, committees and events as requested.
• Attend training sessions & seminars. Requirements:
• Solid work history, with long term employment history.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Commercial project experience with the ability to run large projects successfully.
• Must have the ability to direct a team and have strong leadership skills in order to manage multiple projects.
• Strong organizational ability with daily management of multi-tasking.
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
Compensation: Based on Experience
Job Type: Full-time
Employment at DC Sparks Construction is subject to post offer,
pre-employment drug testing. DC Sparks Construction is a drug-free workplace. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Experienced Commercial Construction Superintendent
The position will manage commercial projects for DC Sparks Construction and acts as the liaison between DC Sparks Construction and the customer. The Construction Superintendent is responsible for managing daily activities and issues related to completing a construction project, including overall project planning, scheduling, project cost accounting, quality control, contract administration, safety management, material take-offs, labor and equipment resources, and customer relationships.
Oversees construction projects from start to finish. Job duties will include meeting with customer and clients and acting as a point of contact between the customer and DC Sparks Construction. Responsible for providing management supervision to project personnel on assigned construction projects and ensuring that the projects are completed in compliance with project specifications, within budget and on schedule. Responsible for overall management direction for all the functions required to successfully deliver project(s), including assuring sufficient resource allocation and client satisfaction. Supervises assigned employees throughout the life of the project(s).
Review preparation and culmination of project estimates and bids, and collaborate with management in selecting and assigning project personnel.
Review the selection of subcontractors and completion of contract arrangements and review proposed materials and shop drawings from subcontractors and suppliers.
Review with project personnel the preliminary project schedule and when appropriate the detailed project schedule. Ensure that all required project management/administrative pre-requisites (budget, subcontractor lists, manufacturer lists, submittal/procurement logs, etc.) are prepared and submitted to the appropriate individuals and ensure these plans are properly administered.
Collaborate with the customer in overseeing the delivery of materials to the job site or outside storage, and in ensuring that their receipt is properly recorded. Monitor construction activities, resolve problems and issues which arise, especially those pertaining to changes, deficiencies and/or subcontractor performance.
Review weekly project status reports, project billings, and provide information as required to keep upper management and client properly informed. Ensure that “punch list” items are completed.
Ensure that closeout documentation is submitted (i.e. drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, and warranties from subcontractors and suppliers). Ensures work put in place is to quality standards of the plans and specifications of the project.
A 4-year college degree in Construction Management, Construction Science, or similar program is preferred but not required. Career experience must include at least 5 years in construction with progressively responsible experience in construction management, including estimating, project management, scheduling, cost control, and personnel administration. Must understand construction means, methods, and materials, including standard practices and regulations.
Excellent written and oral communication
OSHA 30-hour training
Microsoft Office suite
Maintain a positive relationship with current and potential clients and designers.
Provide team leadership, both internally and externally.
Actively promote safe execution of projects, with an achievable goal of zero job site incidents.
Anticipate construction flow in order to provide proactive project planning.
Prepare and manage project budget pro-actively, forecasting final project costs monthly, if not more frequently.
Strong organizational ability with daily management of multi-tasking.
Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs or ladders.
Ability to lift frequently, up to 50 pounds.
Compensation: Based on Experience
Employment at DC Sparks Construction is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. DC Sparks Construction is a drug-free workplace. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Job Type: Full-time